|Article number:||THE DAIRY ROUTE|
|Availability:||In stock (1)|
Well-done history of the Elgin & Belvidere Electric Co. which ran an interurban between the two cities from 1905-1930. Covers construction, expansion, the many financial setbacks, competition from cars and buses, and final abandonment (although the right-of-way is now part of the Illinois Railway Museum). Illustrated throughout with black and white photos. With equipment roster, maps, timetables, as well as diagrams of cars, the power station and the Marengo Shops. 70 pages.